Topic: Random Thoughts

I forgot what the title was originally in past iterations but yah post yer random thoughts, musings, rants, etc etc etc

Re: Random Thoughts

October is almost over and I'm kinda bummed. Bummed that it doesn't feel like the Halloween season anymore as a kid. Of course, everything related to childhood tends to be overly romantic and rose tinted since, laughably, I didn't really give a shit about Halloween in my teenage years. It's only now when I'm much older that I'm thinking extensively about the past. Vanheist sums my feeling up on this quite eloquently:

"This is the one holiday of the year where i feel more and more nostalgic each year, and inexplicably sad when it passes by. Halloween used to be the promise of strange and slightly morbid celebrations, parties and costumes and indulging in candy that was usually off-limits in such quantities. When I was a kid, the world still had weird boundaries, the darkness was still more or less unknown, and it seemed like a time of year when everyone acknowledged weird and sinister things while being peculiarly happy about it. Now that I'm older and sadly more aware of the world, this odd little holiday seems more and more distant, and when it's over, I feel as if it's still being fun, but off somewhere else where I don't go anymore."

Note: I don't read his comic (so not a recommendation or disapproval). Bits here and there but nothing extensively but came across this and just had to quote it.

Doing the online dating thing and yah it's draining and tiresome. Got 2 dates with one person but no sparks me thinks. Trying to go on a date with another but they're pen pal-ing me and possibly stalling. Just say you're good homie if that's the case.

happy new year and past christmas

Happy new year!

tagmonkey circa '04 – '06, here to do some art and practice necromancy